Why Choose Us?
- Students are respected as individuals, unique in diversity and culture
- Engaging and nurturing learning environment
- Strong sense of family and community
- Developing independent and creative life-long learners
- High-quality committed motivational staff that work together with students, families and support services
- Catholic ethos is fundamental in all that we do
- Aboriginal Perspectives included in areas of teaching and learning
- Opportunties to participate in eisteddfods, shows, sporting events and competitions
“Lake Alive with Dreamtime Knowledge, Waves of Learning,
Sailing into the Future.”
To work in an environment of mutual respect for cultures and backgrounds, celebrating the Gospel principles in order to achieve quality education for all.
Our School Crest
St Francis Xavier’s school crest is centred around the Sisters of St Joseph and the love they portrayed for Jesus, Mary and Joseph. The surrounding stars symbolise the Southern Cross.
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, Lake Cargelligo
Priest: Father Dominic Byrne
78 Reef Street, Lake Cargelligo or at 47 Church St, PO Box 64, West Wyalong
Ph. 02 69723655
The Sisters of St Joseph from North Sydney opened St Francis Xavier’s school in February 1929. The Sisters were the heart and soul of the school for over 64 years, living the philosophy and mission of their founder Mary Mackillop, to ‘never see a need without doing something about it’. We aim to continue this philosophy and mission today.
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge that St Francis Xavier School is built upon the traditional lands of the Wiradjuri nation and walked upon by the Nyampa and Barkindji peoples. We pay our respects to Elders, past and present and ask for their guidance as we work towards improving outcomes for future generations.